Yemeni Houthis reject US missile allegations against Iran

News ID: 4172753 -
TEHRAN, Dec. 15 (MNA) – A spokesman for Yemen’s Houthi group on Thursday dismissed US accusations that Iran had supplied a missile fired at Saudi Arabia last month, saying it was an attempt to divert attention from the United States’ decision to recognize al-Quds (Jerusalem) as Israeli regime’s capital.

“After three years of war, America suddenly finds evidence that Iran supports the Houthis,” Abdel-Malek al-Ejri said in a message on his Twitter account,reported MEMO.

“America did not find any evidence in all the missiles fired from Yemen until now. The story is clear. They want to give Arabs a story to divert their attention from al-Quds. Instead being angry at Israel, they wave the Iranian bogey,” he added.

The United States on Thursday presented for the first time pieces of what it said were Iranian weapons supplied to the Iran-aligned Houthis, describing it as conclusive evidence that Tehran was violating UN resolutions.

Iran has denied supplying the Houthis with such weaponry and on Thursday described the arms displayed as “fabricated.”

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also took to twitter to compare Haley’s allegations against Iran to those of former US secretary of defense, Colin Powell, who alleged in 2003 that former Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein, was hiding weapons of mass destruction in order to make a case for attacking the country.

President Donald Trump on 6 December announced US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, stirring anger across the Arab and Muslim world and concern among Washington’s European allies as well as Russia.


6 + 9 =