Iran, Madagascar to launch fishery coop.

TEHRAN, Feb. 27 (MNA) – Iran and Madagascar have voiced readiness to strengthen bilateral ties in reproduction of fishery products.

Speaking at a meeting with a number of Madagascan officials, the Iranian Deputy Agriculture Minister Hassan Salehi said “Iran is presently producing 950 thousand tons of fishery products 40% of which pertains to fish farms while the other 60 per cent belong to fishing.”

The official voiced eagerness to exchange experiences and technical knowledge in the field of fish breeding as well as fishing in territorial waters as well as in Special Economic Zones (SEZs).

Head of Iran Fisheries Organization Hassan Salehi also expressed readiness to train fishermen and fishing unions of Madagascar adding “we would support activities of private sector companies of the two countries.”

He went on to stress that Iran could also trade and export fishing equipment especially as regards construction of fishing boats.

Also at the meeting, President of Madagascar’s National Assembly Jean Max Rakotomamonjy voiced his country’s readiness to take advantage of Iran’s technical knowledge in the field of breeding fisheries.

Rakotomamonjy highlighted that his country was ready to benefit from Iran’s knowledge in building small and medium fishing boats in addition to its experience in fishing management.

At the end of the meeting, the two sides agreed to ink a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for fisheries cooperation in the future.

HA/3917843

News Code 123860

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 1 =