Intelligence Ministry disbands 2 terrorist cells in east, west of Iran

TEHARN, Nov. 22 (MNA) – Two terrorist cells have been disbanded in the southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan and West Azerbaijan Province, Iran’s Intelligence Ministry says.

Deputy Minister for Internal Security said Iranian security forces carried out operational and intelligence measures on Saturday which led to the interception of two terrorist cells in eastern and western parts of the country.

According to the official, the terrorists were planning to carry out bomb attacks in in the southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan and West Azerbaijan Province.

“The terrorist cell which operated in line with the objectives of global Arrogance and backward regional countries was planning to blow up over 150 kilograms of explosives in the form of 10 bombs at border transportation routes in public regions of Rasak-Iranshahr, Sistan and Baluchestan Province,” he said.

The authority added that security forces had been also able to intercept another terrorist cell in West Azerbaijan Province which were connected to groups hostile to the Islamic Republic, and had entered the country to commit acts of terror.

“A considerable number of weapons and ammunition have been confiscated from the terrorist cell,” he said.

Earlier in June, Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said Iranian security and intelligence forces had arrested members of several terrorist cells affiliated to the ISIL. The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in November also managed to arrest members of a terrorist cell linked to ISIL in the western province of Kermanshah on the border with Iraq.

 

MS/2973965

 

News Code 112155

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 1 =