POGC installs 1st gas production platform of SP Phase 19

TEHRAN, Nov. 18 (MNA) – By setting up the first marine structure of Phase 19 of South Pars Gas Field, the grounds were provided to harvest 500mn cubic feet of gas from the joint field with Qatar in the Persian Gulf.

According to the Public Relations Department of Pars Oil and Gas Company (POGC), after the successful loading and transfer of Platform 19C, the installation of the first production platform of the phase was accomplished yesterday (Tuesday November 18) by the Iranian crane ship Oceanic 5000 after crossing the changeable weather conditions in the area.

Hamid Reza Masoudi said the new platform was the first platform installed as part of South Pars development projects adding, “Platform 19C weighs 2700 tons and is installed within 68 months which marks a more limited period of time compared to projects of South Pars.”

“By construction and installation of the new platform, gas production of up to 500 million cubic feet will start in winter from Platform SPD2 (Satellite Platform SPD19C) of Phase 19 of South Pars,” he added.

Masoudi outlined that Platform 19C project is 95 per cent through and the remaining 5 per cent in the installation position and in the sea.

“Major plans to complete the platform have been done and the final operation of the offshore structure will be accomplished either by the end of this Iranian calendar year or until June next year," he concluded.

 

HA/2970789

 

News Code 112067

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 5 + 4 =