Hajj chief: Saudis afraid of Mina truth commission

TEHRAN, Sep. 15 (MNA) – Saeid Owhadi, the Head of Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization, said on Thursday that Saudi Arabia fears the formation of Mina Tragedy Fact Finding Committee.

“The Leader insisted on forming a truth and reconciliation commission by the countries victimized by the Mina Tragedy,” said Saeid Owhadi, the Head of Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization, on Thursday, before a group of people in Iran’s western province of Lorestan, "If they were innocent they would welcome the idea of a committee investigating the incident but we see that they are afraid of such an idea and have launched a propaganda that would sure fruit nothing.”

Upon the prospect of Hajj for Iranian pilgrims in the future, the official reiterated that “the principles demanded by Iran for Hajj rituals with honor, spirituality, and glamour of pilgrims of all Muslim countries should be observed and as far as the Saudi officials are evading the responsibility for the catastrophe of loss of around 5000 pilgrims in 2015 edition of the rituals, instead of taking lessons and examining the faults, there is no way to a fruitful conclusion and we should wait till the Saudis change their behavior.”  

He added that after the events of the last year, Saudi have not even returned the possessions of the pilgrims and some cell phones, cameras, and other personal properties of the Iranian pilgrims are still withheld by the KSA.

YNG/3770170

News Code 119745

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 6 + 6 =