Metro parapet collapse in Qom ‘not very serious’

QOM, Feb. 09 (MNA) – Officials in Qom province have said reports of the underground train collapse are false; only ad-hoc parapets of the metro workshop collapsed.

Hamidreza Khorsand, Head of Qom Municipality Office told reporters that the incident had been falsely reported; “only ad-hoc parapets of a metro workshop collapsed; it is still not clear that how many people including workers are caught under the rubble,” he told reporters in early in the incident.

The social media were fueling the gossip and the news of collapse of the underground train in Valiasr Station went viral. Meanwhile, Mohsen Orouoji, Qom Governorate Crisis Management Director told Mehr News correspondent that a worker was saved and recovered from under the concrete blocks of the parapet; “he was carried to hospital and firefighters along with Red Crescent volunteers are working to recover possible other workers who could be trapped under the parapet,” he said. “Parapet collapsed at 11:00 AM local time and rumors said that three workers had been trapped; search dogs are currently in the scene.”

Mayor Morteza Saghaeinejad and a number of Qom City Council members visited the area and will sit to take necessary decisions on clearing the rubble. Abbas Jafari of Qom Legal Medicine also updated the news; “6 injured workers were transferred to Qom hospitals; 5 were underground train workshop workers and 1 is a rescue team member,” he told the press.

SH/3902254/3902337/3902135

News Code 123415

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 16 =