Russian military registers 71 ceasefire violations in Syria

MOSCOW, Oct. 02 (MNA) – The Russian center for Syrian reconciliation at the Hmeimim airbase registered a total of 71 violations of the ceasefire regime in Syria in the last 24 hours, the Russian Defense Ministry said Saturday.

Armed groups, which previously claimed to be adhering to the ceasefire, used multiple launch rocket systems to attack the settlements of Jaubar, Arbil, Duma, several farms in Haush al-Farah as well as government troops in the Damascus province alongside several other locations, the ministry added.
 

"Within last 24 hours, 71 cases of ceasefire violation have been registered from the side of illegal armed formations in the provinces of Aleppo (45), Damascus (18), Latakia (5), and Hama (3)," the ministry said in a daily bulletin posted on its website.

Multiple launch rocket systems as well as artillery, mortars and small arms were used in the Aleppo province, according to the bulletin.
 

"Russian Aerospace Forces and Syrian Air Force did not make strikes on opposition armed formations, which follow ceasefire regime and informed the Russian or American Centres for reconciliation about their location," the ministry said.

The number of settlements that have joined the cessation of hostilities in war-torn Syria has increased to 694, the Russian Defense Ministry said Saturday. "Within last 24 hours, truce agreements have been signed with representatives of 5 inhabited areas of the Latakia (3) and Homs (2) provinces in the Syrian Arab Republic. The total number of inhabited areas, the leaders of which had signed reconciliation agreements, remained 694," the ministry said in a daily bulletin posted on its website. The total number of armed groups which have signed ceasefire agreements remained unchanged at 69, the ministry added.
 

SPUTNIK/MNA

News Code 120191

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 7 + 0 =