62mn visit historical, cultural complexes

QAZVIN, Apr. 02 (MNA) – Official has said 62 million people have visited historical and cultural complexes during New Year’s holidays.

Mr. Morteza Rahmani Movahed, Deputy of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Organization, told reporters in Qazvin on Saturday that by March 30, roughly 47 million check-ins had been registered across the country; “weather has played a major role in restricting the scope of travel by visitors; inclement weather forced many to prefer a proximate route to a nearby historical and cultural complex and abandon plans of traveling long routes,” he told the press.

“Qazvin, along with other provinces, as they are the crossroads, turned to a tourist hub as travelers received the upcoming changes in weather to the worst.”

Movahedi also said that the office had received good feedback from the visitors as its investigators regularly monitored the quality of service in en-route centers and restaurants; “the traditional New Year’s Eve ritual was held in 31 provinces, where the visitors received a first-hand experience of the host communities’ rites of the New Year; economically speaking, the holidays saw handicrafts local markets which offered provincial crafts for the interested public,” he concluded. 

SH/3942301

News Code 124511

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 11 =