Hezbollah aborted ‘greater ME plan’ in Syria

TEHRAN, Aug. 18 (MNA) – Hezbollah Deputy Secretary General has told Mehr News Al-Mustaqbal-Hezbollah political dialogue has helped avoid ‘sectarian strife’ in Lebanon.

Sheikh Naim Qassem, who is in Tehran to attend the 6th General Assembly of Ahlul Bayt World Assembly in Tehran, told Somayeh Khomarbaqi of Mehr News International Service in an interview that the dialogue had been ongoing in Lebanon; “it is true that both sides have not come into an agreement about different points of discord yet, the very dialogue has greatly helped avoid sectarian violence in Lebanese very shaky political environment,” he said. “Lebanon's Hezbollah has always worked to solve differences and sectarian chasm in Lebanon, and has emphasized on the cooperation of different groups and parties; therefore, it will continue dialogue with Al-Mustaqbal movement until reaching a definitive outcome,” Qassem asserted.

Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General also addressed the important confrontation of Hezbollah with Takfirist insurgency in Syria; “Islamic resistance is now in ideal conditions and actively supports Syrian government forces, which fight terrorists and extremists, with huge success in many fronts; compared to situation in Syria of few years ago, now it is quite different, with Syrian government fully standing against the regime toppling stage, and with it, the grand plan of ‘greater Middle East’ was aborted,” he told Mehr News.

“The enemies should understand that the longer the war in Syria, the higher the possibility that no other solution than political dialogue will be available for Syrian crisis,” Naim Qassem concluded.

 

News Code 109338

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 3 =