‘Sahand’ Destroyer almost finished, Navy biggest drill in Feb.

BANDAR ABBAS, Jun. 14 (MNA) – Navy Commander Sayyari said Sahand destroyer of the Moudge class with 90% physical progress will be delivered to military fleet this year, adding the Navy will stage the biggest drill in Feb. in the Sea of Oman and the Indian Ocean.

Commander of Iran’s Army Navy, Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, told Mehr News on Tuesday that Moudge 5 destroyer, also known as Sahand, has had 90 per cent physical progress, while Moudge 3 and 4 have had 80 per cent completion.

“The exact date of delivery for Moudge 5 destroyer in the Navy will be decided after technical, military and navigation tests have been conducted; it will most likely be some time this year,” he added.

According to experts, Sahand destroyer is 30 per cent more radar-elusive than its former versions, he said.

“By February 2017, the Navy will have staged 20 drills, and the most important and biggest of which if approved and funded, will be held some time in February in the Sea of Oman and 10th parallel of the Indian Ocean,” he said.

Iran’s navy has so far staged drills in the northern Indian Ocean, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, the southern Indian Ocean, South China Sea, Mediterranean, and Pacific Ocean, said Sayyari, adding “we have not yet decided on a country bordering the Atlantic Ocean to send the Islamic Republic’s message of peace and friendship there. Once decided, the navy will dispatch a military flotilla to the Atlantic Ocean, as well.” 

 

MS/3685322

 

 

News Code 117354

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 4 + 3 =