Hezbollah chief says Saudis failed in Yemen

TEHRAN, May 06 (MNA) – Head of Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement says Saudi Arabia has failed to realize its goals in its military aggression against Yemen and warned against US scheme to split regional countries.

In a televised address on the latest developments in the region on Tuesday, Secretary General of the Lebanese political and paramilitary organization Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah rejected Al Saud’s claims of victory in the war in Yemen as ‘deception’ and ‘misinformation,’ calling on the Riyadh regime to provide information about the objectives that were allegedly realized.

“Were they able to restore power to [former fugitive Yemeni president] Abd RabbuhMansur Hadi? Did the Arab-Western coalition manage to confiscate Ansar Allah’s military weapons? They could not realize their real objective of dominating Yemen,” he asserted.

The Hezbollah chief rejected Saudi’s claims of defending the Yemeni people; “how can one defend civilians by dropping bombs?”

He maintained that Al Saud now has put simpler objectives on its agenda as a way to call itself victorious once it achieves those named objectives; “the launch of Operation Renewal of Hope was such an objective as an attempt to cover up for the failure of the first round of the war against Yemen,” he stressed.

Riyadh launched its military aggression against its southern neighbor on March 26 - without a United Nations mandate - in a bid to undermine Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement and to restore power to Hadi, a staunch ally of Saudis.

On April 21, Riyadh announced the end of the first phase of its military operation 'Decisive Storm', and announced the beginning of a new phase dubbed 'Operation Restoring Hope.'

The attacks have so far killed over 1,200 Yemenis and injured thousands of others.

Nasrallah praised the Yemeni people’s resistance against the Saudi aggression, calling on the international community to intensify efforts to help the Yemenis and end the siege.

“The world has now a responsibility to confront this aggression's consequence in Yemen. This country has come under a land, sea and air closure and its people are prevented from getting food and medical aid. This is no longer about one city or one country; it is a humanitarian issue,” the Hezbollah secretary general added, condemning Saudi Arabia’s bombing of Yemeni and destroying the infrastructure of the country.

On the developments in Iraq, Nasrallah said the US is seeking to split Iraq under the pretext of fighting the ISIL Takfiri group.

“The US has a scheme to fragment regional countries on sectarian and ethnic basis - Arabs, Kurds, Sunnis and Shias. We must not keep silent on this issue which will impact all regional states, Saudi Arabia included. The US bill to split these regions will lead to civil wars that could last for hundreds of years,” he said, referring to the draft of a US annual defense bill released on April 27 by the House Armed Services Committee, which urges the US government to recognize separate Kurdish and Sunni states and provide them with at least 25 percent of the USD-715-million aid money allegedly planned to be given to the Iraqi government to help it fight the ISIL terrorist group.

On the developments in Syria, the Hezbollah chief stressed there was a psychological warfare going on in the country which sought to undermine the resilience and resistance of the Syrian nation. 

 

News Code 107026

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 3 =