Petchem. complex fire takes toll on staff

MAHSHAHR, Jul. 31 (MNA) – Leaking of chemical fumes in large scale in Paraxylene Unit of Bu Ali Sina Petrochemical Complex has sent 10 of the staff to hospital.

The Paraxylene Unit was under repair and maintenance operations when staff reported severe burning of 9 of the staff, reportedly blamed on leaking of chemical fumes and the ensuing fire in large scale. The fire was extinguished however in shortest possible times.

The managing director had also been struck by a heart attack as a result of the fumes. All 10 affected had been hospitalized for burns and injuries.

Further investigation by Mehr News found that 2 people are in critical conditions. Bu Ali Sina Petrochemical Complex in Mahshahr in southwest had been the scene for a fire which consumed part of the complex in July 6.

SH/3727936   

News Code 118534

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 1 + 17 =