Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei who was speaking in his weekly press conference on Sunday criticized the government conduct in failing to provide a definitive response to the scandal, leaving the ambiguities and dark points in the scandal unaddressed; “General Inspection Organization (GIO) has not yet received a list of possible officials to be indicted in the scandal; however, it has prepared a rather long list of 1500 officials which is far more greater than the initial list of 300 officials the government claimed,” he told the press.
“They have squandered the time to properly address the possible individuals as engaged in the scandal and were the sides to blame as receiving inordinate amounts from public treasury for positions held in the majority of cases as government sinecures; the long list includes among the most important positions bank governors, members of bank board of directors, insurance company directors, and other sorts of firms; these individuals should await official indictment and would be summoned by the court as either informed or charged,” Ejei said.
“The prosecutor-general will act in favor of public good and according to the provisions of the law in addressing the case if investigations come to strict verdict that crime has occurred, and will provide the public with due and transparent information,” he added.
On municipality housing scandal, Ejei told the press that 30 individuals had been summoned to the court; “this is not to say that all these individuals would be officially indicted, and preliminary investigations are underway,” he said.
Yet on more hotly debated case of Judiciary bank accounts, Judiciary spokesperson rejected the unfounded stories in the media; “during past 20 years, bank accounts had been legal and had not been used for personal purposes; since the times of past Central Bank governors, no single correspondence had recorded that the head of the Judiciary would own the bank account,” he emphasized.