Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei also confirmed on Sunday that the son of the former Reformist minister of culture had been detained for possible, as media speculated earlier this week, role on the scandal on Oil Ministry’s oil rigs, which had been purchased, but never were delivered to the ministry.
About an assault on a Reformist election meeting where former Minister of the Interior Affairs Abdolvahed Mousavi Lari in Varamin, Ejei believed that all should be abide by the law.
He also told the press that a verdict on Washington Post's journalits Jason Rezaian had been handed down, but had not been communicated to his family and lawyer yet. Ejei only made a conjecture that the verdict would possibly be ‘years in prison,’ but said that it would be appealed against within 20 days.
On the new case of corruption worth of €5bn (not to be mistaken for Babak Zanjani) related to a similar story of bypassing sanctions on oil by an oil tycoon, Ejei said that no lawsuit had been filed yet.
Judiciary spokesman criticized what he believed was the bringing to the media an issue which at best was a conjecture by a high-ranking official in the government; First VP Is'haq Jahangiri had told the media earlier this month that some circles outside the Judiciary or within it tacitly provided support for Zanjani, to which Mohseni Ejei’s reaction came; “we could not document any such claim, and I am not responsible for conjectures of others. The oil tycoon has been behind the bars for 20 months and visits from the outside with him had been restricted,” he asserted.
On the security threats and possible terrorist sabotage actions, the Judiciary spokesman told that the overall evaluation of the security conditions was optimal; “this is quite reasonable that the enemies’ power to organize provocative actions should not be underestimated; the case of recent arrests of terrorist groups is under investigation and we are sure that they are affiliated with ISIL,” he added.
About the arrest of a number of media activists, Ejei told reporters that not all of the detainees were journalists; “some of the lawsuits have been completed, and they will be presented before the court,” he said.
On Mina incident in Mecca, Ejei raised the probability that some of the missing pilgrims could have been kidnapped, and said that if the hypothesis held true, the whole process would take a new turn.