Drone downing denied in western province

KERMANSHAH, Aug. 22 (MNA) – The head of Kermanshah Air Defense has denied the story that an unknown drone had been downed, admitting it as belonging to last year.

Col. Farzad Fereidouni told Mehr News local correspondent in western province that Air Defense denied the details provided by the media coverage of the issue, saying that they have clarified the issue then back a year ago; ‘the news story belongs to last year; the true story was announcement of detection of a new drone in the region, and if detected unidentified, it would be targeted by Iran,” Fereidouni told Mehr News.

“Successfully targeting and downing of aerial trespassers presents a clear testimony to precision in action and tactical measures by the air defense base; no drone had recently been downed in west of the country; the news story goes back to one year ago which was not in Kermanshah and west either,” he asserted. 

 

News Code 109414

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
  • 4 + 12 =